Our Products: simple solutions to produce waste
We offer competitively priced products designed to meet the needs of food industry suppliers and assure that the quality of fresh produce and other perishables, including meat, poultry, seafood and dairy, will be maintained. You can find products you need to monitor, control or evaluate environmental conditions.
See our Newest product – Fruit and Vegetable Wash. Approved for sale in California. Most demanding State in the Country. The only EPA registered produce treatment on the market. Also OMRI listed. Kills E. coli and Otaph on Contact Keeps Produce Fresh Longer, Washes Away Pesticides, Can be Used on Food Preparation Surfaces, contains no harsh chemicals, safe to use on food consumed by the whole family
Why our ethylene gas absorbers are best:
Adding our Ethylene absorber packet to each container of perishable produce can reduce spoilage. Ethylene Absorbers are a Green Solution, Environmentally Friendly, and Non-Toxic. They are also:
* FDA approved
* Simple, easy to use, easily disposed of with normal waste
* OMRI listed for use with organic produce
* The Patented Powerful Pellets in the sachets also kill molds and rots
* Unlike most other products on the market there are NO disposal problems
* A single sachet per box protects continously, from the packing line to the retail backroom by removing ethylene gas
* Can Extend Shelf Life up to 3-4 weeks depending on the produce
* Eliminates decay, mold, discoloratioin, wilting, softening, scald, loss of crunch and many other negatives effects caused by ethylene
* Does not affect the taste or nutritional value or organic qualities of the fruits and vegtables
* Use for Post-Harvesting handling to slow down the ripening process of fruits, vegetables and flowers
* If you use sachets you do not need ot use a filter
* Our filters reduce odors and retard taste migration for up to three months with produce and six months with floral
* Use during domestic and internaitonal shipments
A few more days of shelf life could mean the difference between shelf life and waste.
One major problem to spoilage is Ethylene Gas and it can be reduced easily and effectively. It is nothing new but from the moment they are picked, fruits, vegetables and flowers are highly perishable commodities requiring proper ethylene management in post harvest handling to maximize freshness, quality and shelf life from the field to the table Many perishable products (such as fruits, vegetables and flowers) are sensitive to ethylene gas and can ripen or mature quicker when exposed to ethylene gas . Certain fruits and vegetables are higher producers of ethylene gas thereby creating the need to separate, ship, or store produce based on their ethylene profile.
$20 billion dollars in food products dumped by retailers.
In a report published on May 14th , the United Nations estimated that retailers and consumers in America throw away food worth $48 billion each year and called upon governments everywhere to halve food wastage by 2025.” (“Shrink Rapped” The Economist, May 17, 2008) “Sysco Corp., the largest U.S. foodservice company by sales, said fruit, vegetable and dairy products have been the main drivers of inflation in the sector, rather than “center of the plate” meat products.”….Sysco… said it would focus on cost control for another 12 to 18 months to counter the impact of rising input costs on sales ….. (“Sysco Cites Fruit for Inflation Bite” Philadelphia Inquirer, August 12, 2008).
Produce Savers products can help minimize spoilage and waste and help in preserving, packaging and shipping perishable foods. Food Spoilage is both and economic and social responsibility for Produce Growers, Processors, Wholesalers, Distributors, Food Packaging, Manufacturers, Grocers, Food Shippers, Restaurants, Schools, and Hospitals.
Adding one Ethylene absorber packet to each container of perishable produce can reduce spoilage
See more of our products
A SOUTH COAST SALES LLC